If you’re looking for a versatile off-roader for your adventure needs, the 2021 Ford Bronco is a reliable option. This vehicle combines style and functionality with many features to make any road trip enjoyable. It’s available in different configurations to suit your budget and lifestyle, making it an excellent choice for outdoor enthusiasts. Experts and fans have given early positive reviews due to its advanced safety features and impressive towing capacity.
Towing Capacity and Package Options
The 2021 Ford Bronco can easily manage cargo and equipment with a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. It’s designed to tackle terrain and has different package options that make it even more versatile. These packages include the Big Bend, Black Diamond, Badlands, and Wildtrak models. Each model comes in its trim level with customized features, such as a power liftgate, off-road suspension, and an upgraded engine.
Safety is paramount when it comes to towing. The Class II Trailer Tow Package is required for towing, providing robust safeguards such as Trailer Sway Control, 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness, load-leveling hitch, and other standard hitch components. These features ensure improved overall control, giving you peace of mind that you and your cargo are safe.
The Ford Bronco has six configurations, each with different engines, transmissions, and body types. With the correct configurations, your vehicle can reach its maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. Below are the configuration options for the 2021 Ford Bronco.
- Bronco Base: This model offers standard 4×4 capability with low-range gearing and Bilstein shocks in the front. If you need even more grip for off-roading adventures, upgrade to 35-inch tires with the optional Sasquatch Package.
- Bronco Black Diamond: This configuration includes a Rear Locking Differential, Upgraded Bash Plates, special Rock Rails, Steel Rear Bumper, and a Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper. It also offers seven G.O.A.T Modes for terrain management to handle any environment.
- Bronco Big Bend: The Big Bend adds a FordPass Connect 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, Sync3 Infotainment System, an onboard navigation system, and an upgraded audio package with four speakers.
- Bronco Outer Banks: The Outer Banks configuration combines capability and comfort by adding a power moonroof, leather-trimmed seats, and alloy wheels. It also has a 120-volt outlet for charging electronics and heated front seats.
- Bronco Badlands: The Bronco Badlands is for off-road enthusiasts with 35-inch all-terrain tires, a heavy-duty front bumper with an optional winch, and two additional locking differentials. It also has an upgraded suspension and extra clearance to take on tougher terrain easily.
- Bronco Wildtrak: The Wildtrak gives you the ultimate off-road package with a more powerful engine and plenty of options for customization. It includes 35-inch tires, Bilstein shocks, locking front and rear differentials, a high-performance exhaust system, and an available winch.
What Can You Tow With the 2021 Ford Bronco?
The 2021 Ford Bronco provides ample towing capabilities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Pop-up camping trailers: Whether planning a weekend fishing trip, setting up a tent near the campfire, or trying something new, like pop-up camping trailers, the Ford Bronco has got you covered. With its heavy-duty towing capacity and purpose-built off-road design, this vehicle is perfect for transporting your camping gear wherever your adventures take you.
Sporting equipment: If you’re headed out for a weekend of wakeboarding or skiing with your recreational vehicle, the 2021 Ford Bronco can easily tow your boat or jet ski with its impressive towing capacity. The onboard cargo hooks and tie-downs make it easy to secure your equipment, ensuring a safe journey to the lake.
ATVs: The Ford Bronco can also easily tow your all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Load up to four for the ultimate off-roading experience, or haul one into the mountains for a weekend camping trip. The trailer prep package provides all the necessary equipment for your upcoming outings.
Small cargo trailers: With the robust towing capacity and 4WD capability of the Ford Bronco, you can effortlessly tow small cargo trailers, such as an open trailer or a utility trailer.
The 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Model
The 2021 Ford Bronco Sport offers an innovative unibody variant with a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds, which can be raised to 2,200. The model comes standard with a small but powerful 1.5L EcoBoost engine, and its overall modern design makes it highly durable and efficient. If even more power is needed for larger towing purposes, the 2.0L EcoBoost engine can increase the holding capacity. The dynamic features and competitive prices earn the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport a high-value rating among customers.
The 2021 Ford Bronco is a versatile and powerful vehicle that can tow various loads, especially for those who love exploring nature. Its heavy-duty front bumper, all-terrain tires, locking differentials, upgraded suspension, and extra clearance can take on the most challenging terrains.
It has an impressive maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds depending on the configuration options. When purchasing your new Bronco, choose the Class II Trailer Tow Package to ensure you are equipped for upcoming outings or hauling more oversized items like boats or ATVs. Overall, the 2021 Ford Bronco offers something special for every outdoor enthusiast looking for their next adventure.